12 March 2013

How to Overcome a Cold in Three Days or Less

cyberpunk eye
Being a cyborg might keep you cold-free, but I won't guarantee you can fool all the viruses

Catching a cold is not fun, I'll tell you that. 

I recently (and by recently, I mean I'm sort of kind of barely okay now) experienced the disastrous effects of a springtime cold, aka the it-feels-warm-outside-so-I'll-wear-this-thin-jacket-wait-oh-god-why-am-I-sneezing-so-hard effect. Basically. 

Being paranoid about the pharmaceutical companies' aim to keep you sick and other similar conspiracy theories, I decided to go all natural with this one. So I (well, not me, my mom, cause I couldn't really move) paid a visit to the local Bio Shop and purchased several items that helped me overcome my sickness in a toxin-free way.

What you'll need:
  • salt. You can mix salt with water in a small basin and either spray it up your nose (if you're feeling courageous), or inhale the vapors until you feel your nose decongesting. The same effect is achieved by inhaling tea vapors.
  • ginger tea, lemon juice, honey. This is pretty self-explanatory. When sick, add ginger, lemon and honey to everything!
  • sleep! This is the best advice I can give you. Sleep it off. You'll give your body the necessary energy and resources to fight this bug.
  • garlic cloves. It's a good idea to start strengthening your immune system by swallowing garlic cloves. It's very simple and not as disgusting as you might think. Since you'll be ingesting it whole, it won't give off any smell, so you need not worry on that account.
  • tea tree oil. Add about 10 drops of tea tree oil to half a cup of warm water and do gargles with it a few times a day. This oil is antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal, so it's a great remedy for sore throats.
If you make an exaggerated point out of taking care of yourself, you'll be cold-free in three days or less. No meds required. 

Sleep. Tea. Honey. Garlic. Tea tree oil. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment